For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation with effect on the 25th May 2018 (“GDPR”) we are a Data Controller. We are ICO registered with registration number ZA 301353 and registration expiry date on the 11th December 2018.
The information we collect
When you access the Website or use our Services, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. You may be asked to provide us with the following personal information including but not limited to your full name, email address, home address, date of birth, country of birth, nationality, city, location, languages spoken, bank account details, career history, business field, demographic information “Personal Information”).
By accessing the Website or using the Services, you consent to us processing and collecting your Personal Information, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
How your information is used
For the functioning of our platform we will use the Personal Information you provide to us for the purposes of:
- building your user profile and keeping it updated;
- matching your business needs with the correct independent professional and matching your skills and expertise as an independent professional with the correct business;
- responding to you when you contact us with queries, questions or concerns;
- contacting you regarding our business, providing you with updates, marketing and promotional materials; and
complying with our legal obligations as may be in force from time to time.
As is true of most websites, it will also be possible to gather information about your computer or device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. This information may be used to:
- drive future product development in line with customer platform and technology use;
- respond to customer service requests;
- send out a newsletter or occasional product alerts or marketing communications;
- improve the Website or Services and our marketing efforts; and/or
respond to your questions and concerns.
Certain features of the Website (such as uploading or downloading content) may need to access information on your computer or device in order to work. By using such functionality, you consent to Bekudo accessing your device and information. If we can, we will ask you before the Website accesses your device or information.
How to edit, delete or access your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any Personal Information that we hold about you, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications. However please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications whilst you hold an account with Bekudo. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your Personal Information, please write to us at email@example.com.
Sharing your information
Except as described below, we will not share your information with any third parties.
We may disclose the information you provide us:
- to the independent professionals and businesses that are registered on our platform;
- to our consultants and advisors, data analysts and other professionals that we rely on to enable the provision of our services;
through the use of API’s including but not limited to Typeform, Livechat, Mailchimp and Zapier;
- to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985);
- as required by law, any applicable regulation to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information;
- to our lead developer, nominated by us, in order to develop and improve the functionality of the Website or Services;
- in cases where you follow links from our Website to banks to create bank accounts with them. The information about your bank account in these circumstances will only be accessible by the bank and by us;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We will never pass your information to a third party for them to use in their own direct marketing without your express consent.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and SSL secured through third party tools. We store data in using systems including but not limited to Google Drive and Hubspot. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. While we make every effort to ensure your Personal Information remains secure, no internet storage capability is impenetrable nor any internet transmission infallible. As such, Bekudo accepts no liability for and makes no warranty as to the security of the Personal Information you provide to us.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services via the Website or our Services. Once your account has been deleted, we will only retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer hold your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may contact you from time to time about Bekudo, including marketing messages relating to Bekudo. We will do this electronically, for example by email.
We may contact you with information about our products and services (and those of specially selected parties that may be of interest to you), in line with your marketing contact preferences provided to us either through the Website or by emailing us. All such communications will come from Bekudo.
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by following any instructions we may include in the messages we send to you.